Cottage Hospital has a campus-wide, tobacco-free policy. This policy enables us to make Cottage Hospital the healthiest possible environment for patients, employees and visitors. It means that no one is allowed to use tobacco products anywhere inside or outside Cottage Hospital.
Upon your admission or visit to Cottage Hospital, please notify the admissions staff if you use tobacco. This information will be forwarded to clinicians who can help you quit, provide tobacco-abatement products, or discuss alternative resources for you.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Need Help Quitting?
If you choose to quit or cut back on tobacco-use, we can help. We have free community smoking cessation classes available though September and October and please also consider calling the tobacco quit line, 1-800-QUIT NOW, where trained coaches can help you through the quitting process.
Here are some quick tips to help you prepare for quitting tobacco:
- Get ready: Set a quit date and stick to it – not even a single puff!
- Get support and encouragement: Tell your family, friends, and coworkers you are quitting and talk to your doctor or other health care provider.
- Learn new skills and behaviors: Change your routine, reduce stress, distract yourself from urges to smoke, plan something enjoyable to do every day.
- Get medication and use it correctly: Talk with your health care provider about which medication will work best for you.
- Be prepared for relapse or difficult situations!