For 110 years, Cottage Hospital has served the residents of the Upper Connecticut Valley. Today Cottage Hospital is a thoroughly modern, 25-bed critical access hospital that has been recognized for providing exemplary care.
- In 2014, Cottage Hospital received the prestigious “Top 20 Best Quality” designation from the National Rural Health Association. In making the award, the organization states that, “the National Rural Health Association considers your organization to be an exemplar of best practices in all of rural health care.”
- In 2014, Cottage Hospital was also named one of the 100 Critical Access Top Hospitals and a HEALTHSTRONG Top Hospital by iVantage Health Analytics.
- In 2014, Cottage Hospital was the only hospital in New Hampshire—and one of only eight hospitals nationwide—to attest to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Stage 2 Meaningful Use.
- In 2012 Cottage Hospital was the first critical-access hospital in the state to meet Stage 1 of the three-stage Meaningful Use program.
- In 2013, Cottage Hospital was recognized by iVantage Health Analytics as a HealthStrong™ Award winner for Excellence in Efficiency, reflecting top quartile performance among all acute care hospitals in the nation.
Staffed by just over 250 employees, 37 medical staff providers and dozens of dedicated volunteers, Cottage Hospital offers low-cost, high-quality health care by using creativity and common sense, and by keeping an eye to the future as well as the present, according to Maria Ryan, RN, PhD, the hospital’s Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve created an atmosphere where everyone wants excellence.”
This “culture of excellence” is evident in the hospitals quality care results. Between October 2012 and September 2013 (the latest period for which results are available), Cottage Hospital received 100% across the board for its treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction (Heart attack) and Community Acquired Pneumonia (CAP), and scored at the national average or above in the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP). (For more informaiton, visit the NH Quality Care website.)
“As gratifying as these awards are,” says Maria Ryan, “our focus is on the experience of each and every patient and their family. We’re always striving to fulfill our mission of strengthening the health of our community by providing accessible, compassionate, quality healthcare.”